Thursday, May 28, 2009

Connie Checks In On Minimums

Hello John:
I wanted to let you know that most suppliers are lowering their minimums
in order to get new businesses.

It happen to me, I have told them (supplier) 2K or 2.5K units was to high for us and they are
coming back to me willing to cut their minimums by 50% to 60%. some say due to the current
economic stress.

Is this happening to other new importers like me? is this a good thing or a bad thing?

Thank you John

Connie Ozdil

Connie,

It is indeed happening all over, due to excess capacity. It is a very good thing for we who are starting up, and we who are redesigning products to serve people in this bust economy. With smaller minimums we can reduce risks and generally self-finance, and in this way you keep the 8% you'd be giving the banks. This is very good news for ll of us...

John


0 comments: