Friday, May 8, 2009

Search Hack

John,

I found a 'hack' to get to the suppliers dealing with your best competitors... type in leading brand names in your industry under the 'company' search field in sites like hktdc.com. Some of the suppliers say 'long term supplier for samsonite, etc..'

I have spent a bit of time with hktdc.com but was frustrated at not seeming to get to suppliers that are dealing with the best in my field. Alibaba seems to contain the suppliers dealing wiht the leaders in my industry, and it was very quick to find them. Whether they are just stating this on their profile/website I will find out, but it seems unlikely that they all are. So although alibaba's 'trade inquiries' may be a waste of time, perhaps their renown have drawn in all parties and they have become the #1 place for researching suppliers? Just my experience, and perhaps only relevant to my industry.

Regards, Duncan.


0 comments: