Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Too Complicated

On May 26, 2009, at 10:35 AM, K wrote:

John,

I have promised to send you some product, but my package is stuck in customs! So sorry.

*** No prob...***

Many people believe that interent sales is the way to go to generate income for reinvesting in the company.

***Many people believe torture is a god way to get information. They are wrong. I do not sell on the internet. I sell to Amazon.com. They are my customer. they sell on the internet.***

Since commercial space is low compared to four years ago, I am contemplating working with a company that will store my product and take my internet orders.

***Internet orders come from customers who cost far more to acquire than any other customers. So you strategy is to pay more for customers and risk not having any, or having the wrong product?***

I know that you would say "Never order product until I have orders in hand". The profit margin is better on interent sales and it can provide some income for reinvesting into the company.

***You are dreaming.***

It will also free up my time so that I do not have to run to the post office everyday.

***You are dreaming. What you save in runs to the post office will be taken up by working the internet. And you can have the post office take your shipments every day from you house, by setting up a mailing system you can get at office depot.******

Since I have a rep in the City, I would not order any product until I have orders from local retail places. I would probably double the order and ship to the warehouse to use the remaing product for internet sales. Any thougts about this strategy?

***The rep should be getting you sales to internet retailers. You should not be a internet retailer.***

I am also working with a company in Canada who wants to repackage the product and sell in bulk to that country. We are working at getting quotes for shipping a container to Canada. This may prove to be a good contact and also provide some more immediate income. (Still lots of work to do like transalting packages into French Canadian). I have noticed that it is a lot more work to contact people and tell them I have a great product than to have people contact me and say "I want to sell your product". I suppose both is necessary.

***Why would a Canadian company work through a usa importer to buy Chinese product for Canadian market? The structure makes no sense. Usually this is a set up to rip off a neophyte importer. I would put the Canadians in touch with the
Chinese and demand a finders fee of the Chinese of say 1%. And then forget about it.***


0 comments: