Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Catholic Health Care Exemption

As a Catholic and follower of Jesus, I am obliged to be nonviolent and refuse military service. I think a plain reading of Catholic theology Jesus' teaching forbids violence. Therefore I sought and gained and exemption during the American War in Vietnam from military service. I still have my draft card, with its 1-A-O classification, meaning I was exempt.

If this health care bill goes through with mandatory coverage, I will seek an exemption as well, like the Amish, who will get it automatically. The Amish are exempt from social security and medicare taxes.

Of course since I will get an exemption, it is more likely the bill will pass, since people like me will not object to the bill. What do I care, the law will not apply to me. Being moral can have such bad effects.

Since medicine will be in lockdown and rationed at too low a price, my cash will go much farther in healthcare that other peoples' "health care" insurance, here or overseas.


0 comments: