Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Forbes On Bribery

After the power abuses of the Nixon administration, Congress passed some reforms. Things got worse. One reform was campaign financing. Yet, we have now have a lower turnover in elections than ever, a rate that would embarrass the election officers of North Korea.

Another reform was anti-bribery acts. Well, apparently bribery is no lower now, but it is a real big money career path for "public servants." The Forbes article tends to suggest that it is better to fight law enforcement than cooperate. This is chaos setting in.

At the small business level we do not "own" operations overseas, we exchange our money for goods on the docks, and let our corresponding merchants worry about making a living in their countries. We worry only about complying (and complaining) about trying to make a living here at home.

People ask me what I read, what I subscribe to, and Forbes is the only business mag I read.


1 comments:

Audrina Majella said...

I think that thing really sounds bad, but I like to hear more about it it might bring some great or worse business transformation.