Friday, May 28, 2010

Health Care Crushes Small Business

Mish is on the mnoney again with a report on how the health cares costs, skyrocketing because of govt involvment, are crushing exosting small businesses. We'll never know what businesses did not start because of the USA health care system costs.

And I should be careful here, there is a big difference between what we pay and what health care costs. Health care does not cost anywhere near as much as we pay. Single payer will not solve the problem, because the problem is the govt which is involved in health care. And with single payer, the whole thing is turned over to the entity that is wrecking it.


2 comments:

Edward Lambert said...

John, I love your book... and your videos... they inspire me and teach me...

On the other hand... I believe that government does a lot of good...
I lived in Chile for 5 years and saw how privatization made many public goods excludable... a lot of social need went unmet...

in economic terms, society wants marginal social benefits to equal marginal social costs with all goods and in all markets...
in my experience, a good, well-run and appropriately financed government helps us reach that...

John Wiley Spiers said...

Edward,

Thanks for your kind words and the comment. I've obliquely answered your comment here...

http://hbhblog.blogspot.com/2010/05/obama-correct-regarding-monopoly-on.html