Thursday, December 30, 2010

Kevin Checks In

On Dec 30, 2010, at 8:52 AM, kevin wrote:

Good morning Mr.Spiers,

...To answer your last question you ask me. Well the problem is I had a couple of clients who where very happy with the phones I could supply them. The phones where from China nothing fancy, but they work really well.
As time went on they wanted name brand phones and I could not make the connection with a good supplier,so my business took a huge drop. Do you have any ideas as to how I can market my China phones. .... The phone business is good I just need to find a great market to sell them...

Thank you,
Kevin  
Hey kevin,

You can call me John...

If you cannot find a market, business is not good...

Since anyone and everyone can sell the phones, the market is not so good...  

I think you run into unsustainable businesses...  you have good suppliers, but you need good customers.

The easier the product, the harder the customers.  If you sell something anyone can get, it is hard to get the customer because everyone is competing on price.  

The trick is to come up with something you design, for the market.  This is harder, but if so, then the customer is easier.

Your job is to start with your passion, what you would like to work in, and then find a problem you experience.  Develop a solution to the problem...  if you find working on the solution gives you joy, then you have the right combination for a foundation for your success.

John


0 comments: