Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Now Newt Uses It

Here is that remarkable rhetorical device, "my weaknesses are my strengths" that I blogged on earlier, this time Newt is using it, regarding cheating on his wives:

"There's no question at times of my life, partially driven by how passionately I felt about this country, that I worked far too hard and things happened in my life that were not appropriate," Mr. Gingrich said.

Hmmm... can he admit he hurt his wife and kids?  Doesn't matter, according to the article, this is all that is needed to appease the evangelical set, wherein if you really really care about America, then, well, there is no sin in sin.  Evangelical women everywhere should reflect on how their husbands really really care about America, and the pass that Richard Land and Rick Warren will give their husbands.

How about "If his wife can't trust him, why should we?"  Pass.

Do they evangelicals know that in addition to cheating on his wives Newt also converted to Catholicism?


0 comments: