Monday, July 16, 2012

Inclined To Liberty

I read a colloquy excerpted from a book on liberty, and the author graciously offered a copy for me to read.  I wondered at his too-wide definition of markets, and upon reading his book I was delighted to see he actually gets very close to mine.  He also comes through on wealth and other definitions.

He too is clearly an anarchist, but people are not quick to use this description.  Although our backgrounds are different and our paths never crossed, we've come up with pretty much the same ideas.

We all must respond to the religion to which we are called, and I do not share his faith in natural selection, nor his doubts as to natural law.  But that only shows polar opposites on religion can agree on anarchy.

Carabini has laid out his quick clean exposition in the form of a catechism, with questions and answers, derived from points made during a dinner party.  It is a clean quick read, and a very good introduction.  I see it as a very good gift to someone who needs a dose of free thinking.



 Feel free to forward this by email to three of your friends.


0 comments: