Tuesday, October 30, 2012

All Hail Renovo Bicycles!

My daughter and I were discussing a mutual friend who desired to save the world by producing eco-friendly bicycles for the poor.  My daughter schooled him he must do so by producing eco-friendly bikes for the rich first, and in turn the price will come down to where the poor can afford them.  In a free market, the rich are the guinea pigs, and they willingly pay for the experiments upon them.

I was thinking ironwood, teak, lignum vitae, yew...

Turns out this is nothing new...

Back home I did a quick google search on wood bikes and found a glorious company making frames, in Portland Oregon, a suburb of Seattle. Ash!


tomsguide.com
Yes, the forks and fittings are metal, a stone age material, but the frames are better as wood. If were were not pursuing personal accumulation of wealth, and instead commonwealth, like these lads, then we would all be wealthy beyond our wildest dreams. Instead we are taking on debt to lose wars.

When I catch a break here I am going to have a wood frame with a Rohloff hub.

sheldonbrown.com

  Feel free to forward this by email to three of your friends.


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

John,

What a coincidence. This past Tuesday I was driving to San Jose, and guess what I see driving in front of me: a pick-up truck (Ford or Dodge) with Renovo stickers and ads all over it. It also had a Sacramento phone number.


Emanuel