Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Why Progressives Need Capitalism

I am told if I do not vote for Obama I am voting for Romney.

The logic is one less vote for Obama makes Romney's win all the more likely.

Four years ago I had a friend importune me over voting for Ron Paul: "If I did not vote for Obama, it was a vote for McCain."

OK... does this mean if I do not vote for Romney, it is a vote for Obama?

Because I most certainly am not voting for Romney, so a vote not for Romney must be a vote for Obama if a vote not for Obama is a vote for Romney.

Anyway, if one spends too much time being told what to think then brain begins to retain only silly ideas.

The error is the false dilemma, your only choices are Romney or Obama.  Nonsense, you are free to vote for whomever.  Usually when I see who is on the ballot I find myself begging for intercession "Jesus, Mary & Joseph!" This gives me the idea:  I write in Jesus, Mary and Joseph.  That way I am not throwing away my vote.

In the disastrous 1992 elections, Bush v Clinton, Ross Perot made a run and denied warmonger Bush a second term.  Clinton was sworn into office and began immediately implementing Ross Perot's plans (ending welfare as we know it) so Clinton could get re-elected by winning the Perot vote.  With Clinton we got little war, budget surpluses as far as the eye could see, relative peace and prosperity and a popular President.   It wasn't the people who voted for Clinton that gave us that, it was the people who voted for Perot.

But the progressives depend on the false dilemma, because the progressives depend on capitalism.  Progressivism has no economic component in its world view, it is simple redistributionism. Live and let live, let the devil take the hindmost, but mulct the front most as much as possible to fund progressive agenda.

Capitalism generates fantastic sums quickly, on credit, some of which can be peeled of to pay a sinecure to keep the progressives happy.  The progressives imagine a halo on the head as the deposit a check in the bank from the capitalists.

It does not really matter to progressives if Obama or Romney wins, they will continue to get their swag.    The only real threat is a Ron Paul of Ross Perot who might force some cutback on the swag stream.

I wish there was a third party that I could vote for and replay the economic success of the 90s.  No such option.  I know when I see the ballot again this year and see who is running, I'll be voting  Jesus, Mary and Joseph.  I do not want to throw my vote away.

Feel free to forward this by email to three of your friends.


0 comments: