Wednesday, November 28, 2012

No References No Business

Since I am happy with my suppliers, when I get offers to supply from other companies I get straight to the point and ask for references.  A printer contacted me about doing work for me, unbidden, and so I asked for references in reply.  In reply to my request for references, I received this note back:

As for the customer reference, could we just send you a series of samples we printed for our clients? Our company name and information were printed in the samples, which improves that we are responsible for the jobs. And the series of samples also can speak for us that it’s because our services are good that our clients are willing to offer us all their printing jobs. You know, some of our clients clearly stated that we should keep their information well. So I hope you understand.

As you can see, no references.  You'll also note the contradiction, their name is on the books they printed for others, yet for whomever they printed is to be kept confidential?  Won't the title and author tell me that?  If the name of the printery is printed on (or in) the book it was either after the fact, and thus pointless, or before the fact and then, what is the problem?

Bottom line, no references.  No references, no business.

Feel free to forward this by email to three of your friends.


0 comments: