Sunday, November 10, 2013

Hointer Update

In its "about" page Hointer gets around to "you" in the second paragraph of the six paragraph valentine to themselves.
For every guy, there's nothing like a great pair of jeans to make you look and feel confident, and we never have enough pairs to get through the week.
Does this sound like you?  Do you esteem a pair of jeans to "make you look and feel confident?"  Not to worry, the people of Hointer are confident you want what they offer, since they are really smart and successful people, since they worked at Amazon, etc.

One of the biggest mistakes you can make in life is to believe your own PR.  We all need a story, but better to shorten it.  Test it early and hard, and expect to fail, but fail fast and fail early so you can adjust.

I was in another retail store awaiting my slot for Sunday Brunch  when my conversation with the proprietor got around to me asking if my comments had offended her.  She said "not offended, just tired of people telling her how to run her business."   And, in essence, who the hell did I think I was to offer advice?  I shared with her who the hell I think I am, how on the side I collect and distribute info relating to business start-up, and I gave her various business cards, which mollified her.

Knowing that to get to a business person's joy one has to wade through her passion (suffering) we were then able to get around to a substantive conversation.

She refuses signage, engages each customer personally, develops each customer for how she can be a resource for that customer in terms of spices, herbs and so on.  She does not compete on price, and we thereafter agreed on all points about business.

Since I cannot do business on Sundays, I told her I'd be back, and then I hope to talk to her more about her business.  I can be too much to take at once one on one, so I try to dilute myself.

One the other hand, 10, 20, 30 people at a time is just about right, so this seminar at UCBerkeley held in San Francisco is well worth flying in for....

I'll be teaching an all-day intensive seminar for UC Berkeley Monday, November 18 from 8:30 am to 5pm in San Francisco, CA.  If you are in the Bay Area this seminar offers boot-camp start-up experience and time to get specific questions answered.  If you are not in the Bay Area, this is the one for which you should fly in.  
You'll learn to identify markets and sources, and everything in between.  If you plan to start up a business, or need to expand your business internationally, this seminar is unique for its tactics and attitude.  It is highly rated for content, pace and humor by the participants.
Bring a laptop, we'll be taking actions in the classroom to advance your business (wifi provided.)   There is plenty of follow-up consultation with the instructor.
Register now to assure a place in the class.  This one actually has Berkeley credit associated with the course, .8 of a CEU, which means if you are pursuing a degree the seminar goes on your transcript, if you want that too, and your employer is likely to cover the cost in your company education benefit program.

Get your boss to pay for it....


Feel free to forward this by email to three of your friends.


0 comments: