Monday, July 14, 2014

Larry Reads My Mind on November Hong Kong Wine Show

Hi, John.

It occurs to me that you could create an online course for trade show participation.  I was quite interested in the Hong Kong show, but since that it limited to wine and spirits it wouldn't help me at this point.  I may instead attend the Korean food fair toward the middle of November.

I would like to start participating in trade shows, but I certainly need more information (as well as customers) to make the expenditure worthwhile.

Thanks,

Hey Larry,

That is exactly what I am doing...  I've held up a book on this point: the trade show and selling.

The trade show itself is a seminar, and the prerequisite is either the online selling food or the Berkeley all day seminar...


OR


In fact, the HKTDC has added "friends of wine" to this November show, and we have a Maraschino cherry exporter and some fish people on board.  the heart of the booth is wine, but we have food as well.

But you are exactly right, and I stress this in the seminars (and the upcoming book) get the customers first, THEN go to the trade shows, not the other way around.

John

Feel free to forward this by email to three of your friends.


0 comments: