Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Selling the MOQ FOB to Suppliers

Specialty buyers are beset with the constant need for new product to keep their customers delighted on each visit.  no buy has any idea what will sell.  All buyers want tests. That MOQ FOB is the answer to the buyers first question "What is new?" goes back into ancient history.  ion one way we are not even selling any given product, at first we are selling the test, the MOQ FOB.

 If you plan to act as an agent then you'll need to "sell" the MOQ FOB to the supplier you plan to represent.  Now comes Steve on this point...


On Aug 25, 2014, at 5:31 PM, Steve wrote:

Dear John,
Hey I just thought I would forward a quick note to you that I had sent a supplier letter about 10-12 days ago regarding the (product) and spoke with the owner. I kept the phone call brief and established that they do not have any current export inquiries and no plans/interest in exporting. They had not even thought that direction. I asked (if I could) email him so that I could get the necessary ingredient information and pricing so that I could form the MOQ FOB offer and then market it within my targeted countries. He gave me his email and told me that his son would most likely assist in the gathering of the information. All in all it was a good move forward toward my first MOQ rational sale. I appreciate your assistance in this small step forward. I look forward to many more productive conversations with suppliers and buyers all according to your system. Now, I am working on that MOQ FOB and looking forward to starting both passive and active marketing. Thanks, I appreciate you and your contributions.

Steve 

Indeed, almost no small business is thinking exports, but they can be just as profitable and every bit as easy as a domestic sale.  Note the process, the approach letter in the mail, a phone call.  Always go straight at your target.  Once you get there, every connection is unique.

Anytime you come across a food business and if you like their product, just ask "Do you have an export programs?"  Usually they just laugh.  That's good.  It gives you something to work with.

Feel free to forward this by email to three of your friends.


0 comments: