Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Hong Kong: "An environment ... so favorable..."

This in from Hong Kong:
Actually, Hong Kong made me an entrepreneur. I was not born one, but seeing so many entrepreneurs around me and with the environment being so favourable, it was easy for me to leave the corporate world and try my luck.
Just so.  We used to have that in USA.  "An environment ... so favorable..."  Now to start a business is the most revolutionary act a person can perform in USA.  Top to bottom, left to right, the entire country is overwhelmed by a false economy of Finance, Investment and Real Estate (FIRE).  FIRE is in the service of production of images on little machines people carry around and self-report themselves to the authorities.

A car full of people staring into these machines, windows down, pulled up alongside me and I said "Put it away.."  The dirty looks I got were lethal, as if I snatched smack away from a crackhead.  I wonder, like crackheads, anyone in that car yesterday could name today who else was in the car.

Cash is tied up in flipping houses, unlimited credit is out there at near zero rates to pump of the market, to quiet the masses with false sense of retirement security, plus keep the tens of millions unable to support themselves on EBT.   Everyone has a cellphone.  We used to build the best cars in the world.  Today we tweet.

This will end badly and swiftly. 2008 will be nothing compared to what is next.  There is an environment that fosters productivity, but there is not a single voice in politics advocating it, and in USA we have deferred to politics as our decider, polity, not comity.  Ouch.

If things improve, it will be purely accidental.

Overthrow this system.  Start a business.

Feel free to forward this by email to three of your friends.


0 comments: