Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Health Care Options

The one largest inhibitors to new business start-up is a socially conditioned issues:  "health" "care" "coverage."  Why anyone would worry about this is beyond me, but there you have it.

As a kid, I was often in the emergency room being sewn up after one adventure or another.  I have prodigious scars all over my body, and plenty-o-teeth have been left behind.  And happily I lived in a very mixed neighborhood economically, for when I took a skull fracture, the consensus that I "walk it off" was countermanded by a neurosurgeon down the block who ordered me into the emergency room. One week hospitalization.

The cost was never a concern.  There was no such thing as "health" "insurance" outside the blue chips, and it had began in WWII only to get around wage and price controls.  My parents paid cash, but then hospitals were run by Catholics who relied on God to make up the difference between what they took in and what went out.

All that is gone now, crowded out by cheap EZ credit and destroyed by the overinvestment/bankruptcy game, plus regulation to keep out competition.  The crisis that followed is "solved" by romney/obamacare, soon to be replaced by Hillary Single Payer.

For the time being, there is a working alternative, in fact several, now priced at what the fine for non-insurance under romneycare/obamacare.  These plans are cheaper and better than romney/obamacare, yet exempt from the Hegemon's plan.

It is the genius of USA politics to allow conscientious objection to eliminate opposition, and then when the deed is done, to come back and wipe out this remnant.  I suspect this exemption is temporary, especially when a politician made of sterner stuff, Hillary, demands total compliance of all her subjects, or she will Libya them, like an ambassador.

Feel free to forward this by email to three of your friends.


0 comments: