Wednesday, April 15, 2015

How Europe is Right to Prosecute Google

Struggled the last month trying to make google hangouts work.  A means to keep a cohort moving forwards after the indoctrination presented in my courses.  I gave up Monday on Google hangouts after yet again the thing crashing, telling me to report errors, etc...  About once a year I give it another shot, so far no good.

Now, A partner in Japan skyped me and that is getting better.  I dread anything owned by Microsoft, for as the joke goes, what do computers and air-conditioning have in common?  They both work fine until you open windows.  But Skype actually seems to have improved.  Google promised the hangouts content would be sent straight to youtube, and maybe it has, but I never got that far.

Google ads I’ve criticized here as mysteriously unworkable (purposely to hide their ineffectiveness?).  I love youtube, it sells my classes, and I love google books, giving away my books ot read for free on google sells my books on Amazon.  (I am so cutting edge!)

I love free google FX, google translate, and google search terms.  I probably use other google things as well.

But we all love what works for us.  What has google crowded out, and how?

Reflect: do some USA "start-ups" get favored with massive asset-less backed credit in which they can buy up competitors or simply crowd them out, as long as their work reports all to the NSA, etc? Is it a level playing field when no one can compete with Uncle Sam's hegemony, with food as a weapon, the internet as a weapon? What would the world look like if we had not the means which has brought us to a impending massive bust, the bust implies misallocation and malinvestment? 

Is google not financed by funny money, crowding out organically grown business and enterprise, as sure as GMO crowds out heirloom corn?

IBM created something called the mythical man month, a precursor to vapor ware, a nasty way of doing business.  The issue disappeared when those chosen few who were given massive asset-less backed credit to buy could just snap up the winners, and then crowd out any competition by giving that away for free.

We may love all this free stuff, but the model cannot be sustained...  it's coming down.. . it won't be pretty, but it will create a vacuum for small business start-up.  I am delighted.

The world is reasserting itself in an essentially unfair system, since lending asset-less backed credit initially benefits the biggest fraudster, but wipes out countless organic little guys.  The French are defending themselves at the last minute.

The pendulum is swinging back.


Feel free to forward this by email to three of your friends.


0 comments: