Sunday, December 27, 2015

Stockman's Summary


Therefore pray not thou for this people, neither lift up cry nor prayer for them, neither make intercession to me: for I will not hear thee.  Jeremiah 7-16 
Though these three men, Noah, Daniel, and Job lived in that land, they would only save their own lives on account of their righteousness," declares the Lord GOD.  Ezekial 14-14 
Then said the LORD unto me, Though Moses and Samuel stood before me, yet my mind could not be toward this people: cast them out of my sight, and let them go forth.  Jeremiah 15-1

A priest at a mass prayed for the soldiers overseas who "protect out freedom and rights."  After Mass I asked the priest if he seriously thought soldiers protect our freedom and rights.  "Well who do you think does?" he snapped and his eyes flashed anger. I was surprised by his answer, and I said simply "God almighty."  He shrugged his shoulders with acceptance and mumbled something that was probably Romans 13-ish, and I had no intention to getting into it with him (not the time or place), and I was happy to leave it there when he shot over his shoulder with false deprecation "I fought in a little conflict called Vietnam..." as though that might be before my time and somehow relevant.  I replied, "I know it well, I was declared a conscientious objector during that war."  To which he replied, "Yes, my father wanted me to go to Canada."  Now, what draft dodging had to do with the conversation, I am not sure.  Again, this was not the time or place, so I let him have the last word.

I really don't think his views are unusual.  There is neither much interest let alone reflection on what is done around the world in our name and on our credit.  Easier to just fear Moslems and call it enough. David Stockman has written an excellent  year-end review of how we got here.

The people who understand it best all point to the problem of lending credit at fractional reserve (and yes, in confusing terms), at who it leads to massive malinvestment and misallocation in the form of the wars, destruction, nation-destroying and fast food horrors we have today.  Although they can see and explicate all that, they have no problem with the problem of having legal support for interest (usury) in loan contracts.

But it does not matter.We will not get rid of fractional reserve, let alone usury.    This is not depressing to learn nothing can be done, it is good to know it will soon be over.  Then we can begin to rebuild form the ashes, in fact we can get going before the crash, by starting a business now.  Read Stockman's accurate history.  Would prayers save us?  Who would listen to us?
In fact, the War Party entrenched in the nation’s capital is dedicated to economic interests and ideological perversions that guarantee perpetual war; they ensure endless waste on armaments and the inestimable death and human suffering that stems from 21st century high tech warfare and the terrorist blowback it inherently generates among those upon which the War Party inflicts its violent hegemony.
Feel free to forward this by email to three of your friends.


0 comments: