Friday, March 10, 2000

Cost?

Hi, John,

When we last corresponded, you told me the next step was to contact buyers
and find out if my keychain had a market and customers. In my silence I have
been contacting buyers at Sears and WalMart. Both expressed interest, but I
was unprepared to give them a price range. Sears told me "No one will spend
more than $5 dollars for key chain, so you need to bring in to us at no more
than less than $2. We'll mark up 1 1/2 times cost, and sell at no more than
$5. If you can have it made for $1, double the price for yourself to $2, and
sell to us for $4-$5. Get back to us.

The were extremely friendly ladies; we both laughed during the conversations.
But very business savvy.

So, John, how do I find out if this item is feasible to make?

Thanks for your help.

Peace and Grace

Linda McIntosh
aka xxishebang


0 comments: