Thursday, March 9, 2000

Re: NTDB Step By Step Instructions

In a message dated 3/9/00 12:13:58 AM, rziebol@home.com writes:

<< Hello,
I took your course a while back and have a question for you.
I am looking to buy some product from Japan. It is mfg in
Japan. I wanted to know if I have to work through an
export agent or not? I recently contacted JETRO. They are
supposed to promote trade with Japan but don't know who I
am, so refuse to return my phone calls and are never in
the office (or answer the phone). It seems the Japanese
can make it really difficult to do business with them.

As result I was just thinking about having someone in Japan
buy the product for retail price (includes tax) and
ship it to me in the States. Of course I would pay customs
on the product. I would then sell the product with my
markup here in the States.

Do you see a problem with this? If the consumer in the
U.S. is willing to the pay my price then what does it matter.

***indeed***

It seems to me like you need to have a Exporter in Japan
shipping to an Importer in the U.S. dealing with a Customs
Broker to get it through Customs. Is there any way that
I can short curcuit this situation?

*** yes, you need a Japanese exporter...know anyone who reads and writes
Japanese? If so, have them seaarch the Japan internet for your
supplier....***

I would appreciate any information that you could provide.
If you know of a Exporter in Japan I would appreciate any
information that you could provide.

***You need the best exporters for your products, so start at the beginning.
If you know what the product is, trace it back to the maker, and see if the
maker will export it to you. what is the item? does it have the makers name
on it?

John


0 comments: