Monday, August 27, 2001

Re: Help

Re: [spiers] help

One of the recommendations I got from John's class was
to accept credit cards as a form of payment -
particularly foreign accounts. Actually, it's got a
big advantage because payments can be made directly
into dollars (No conversion headaches and such). I
would not hesitate for a second to do so. Do you agree
John?
Alex

--- wileyccc@aol.com wrote:
> Dear John,
>
>
> I've longingly eyed your course description in the
> College of Marin class
> schedule ever since I started my business 3 1/2
> years ago. I am now
> successfully importing a product I designed. At a
> recent trade show, I was
> approached by a French company AND a German company
> who both want to order a
> large quantity of my product. I need a quickie
> consultation re: how to
> respond to them. I know my numbers, i.e., the
> discount I can give them. The
> part I'm nervous about is how do I get paid from
> them? I haven't used letters
> of credit yet because my dollar amounts are small.
> The last time I checked,
> LOCs take lots of time to set up. I can accept
> credit cards. Would it seem
> terribly unprofessional to suggest they pay me by
> credit card?
>
>
> I assume this is the kind of stuff to which you know
> the answer. Would you
> consider consulting with me? How much would you
> charge me?
>
>
> Sincerely,
>
>
> Abby


0 comments: