Monday, August 27, 2001

Help

Dear John,


I've longingly eyed your course description in the College of Marin class
schedule ever since I started my business 3 1/2 years ago. I am now
successfully importing a product I designed. At a recent trade show, I was
approached by a French company AND a German company who both want to order a
large quantity of my product. I need a quickie consultation re: how to
respond to them. I know my numbers, i.e., the discount I can give them. The
part I'm nervous about is how do I get paid from them? I haven't used letters
of credit yet because my dollar amounts are small. The last time I checked,
LOCs take lots of time to set up. I can accept credit cards. Would it seem
terribly unprofessional to suggest they pay me by credit card?


I assume this is the kind of stuff to which you know the answer. Would you
consider consulting with me? How much would you charge me?


Sincerely,


Abby


0 comments: