Tuesday, October 16, 2001

Re: Problem with Fashion

Re: Problem with Fashion


In a message dated 10/16/01 9:05:45 AM, orlpag@msn.com writes:

<< Clothes are not volatile (unless you are Versace). What do you want to
see happen in clothes for next

year?***


I am surprised. Studying my bachelor degree (back in 1984 to 1988), one of
the first things I heard (in class and read in a book) about clothes market
is that it was #1 volatile market (we were discussing the entry and exit of a
product) since the competence is huge and very aggressive. So, they were
supposed to be the #1 bankruptcy business.

*** Why discuss entry and exit of product in a market with someone who has
never entered or exited a market? So what if the competence is huge and
aggressive? They are only people. So what if it is the #1 bankruptcy
business? If you do not like bankruptcy, don't go bankrupt. It appears they
taught you in school that the market controls your business, not you. the
truth is YOU control your business. If fashion is #1 bankruptcy business,
then it is only because fashion people like going bankrupt. ( I am not
kidding of course, for some people, knowling you can go bankrupt means you
can take more risks, so they do.)***

(Maybe I am thinking with a retail mind and not like an importer).

Now, to be honest I don't know what do I want to happen in clothes for next
year. My mind is in blank... Maybe is I don't know which direction to look
for.


***If you love fashion, start thinking what you want to have happen next
year. It is up to you.***

John


0 comments: