Thursday, April 4, 2002

Finding customers for computer accessories

Mr. Spiers:

I have two ideas for products - one is a "clutter" organizer that
sits on a computer, and the other is a better design for a booklight.

First, what retailers should I approach regarding the organizer? I
believe this would be appropriate for a mass-market retailer like
Best Buy or CompUSA, but I can't think of an upscale computer
accessories retailer besides ThinkGeek.com, which is web-only. Any
thoughts or recommendations? (I live in the Seattle area.)

Second, would the organizer and the booklight be too "far apart" in
terms of a market? You have recommended selling products in the same
industry so the importer doesn't create a new sales organization for
every product. I'm guessing the answer is to simply ask the
sales reps, but I'd like your opinion.

Thanks,

Andrew Ittner


0 comments: