Thursday, June 27, 2002

Sometimes you win sometimes you learn.

At the time of the class I started importing, art glass from Eastern
Europe.
The shipping cost and breakage worries was not conducive to
continuing and my partner went back to Europe. We spent money on
printing and probably some unnecessary things that could have gone
toward the company. $3000 in orders was not our idea of success,
first time out...Had I appled some of the cost-saving
recommendations from John, we probably would still be going. The
course provided a valuable forum for ideas and hands on execution of
ideas. Some of the assignments were full-time activities. Even if the
idea did not exist prior to the class it directed me to look at ways
of getting ideas from customers.
I feel, one must engage fully in the process and continually pursue
that avenue until success is achieved.

A friend of mine, invented an emergency medical device and ran his
company for 8 years before it was bought out by a Danish company. He
got his house on the island, but it took him that long.

I am simmer on some new ideas that I could apply more of this
information from making mistakes and readjusting for the future.

Glen, Orange County, California
gkponcho


0 comments: