Thursday, December 11, 2003

what to do with the sample

John...

I needed to send in sample of my product for duty-rate
classification in New York with the Customs. I have looked for this
item through NTDB website, and no result. I need to know the duty
impact for this product to be considered in my costs.

I will offer to pay for the samples, since I only need about 6x6
inch of cloth to submit to Customs. I dont know the price for a
sample yet. I will not be asking a big shipment since this is only
for research. Is this best to do?

The sample will be coming from Asia. I am considering opening an
account with FedEx so that I can arrange the shipping to be
prepaid. Is this a good way to go? Is there another option?

Do I have to find out how this sample package will go through
customs? Or will FedEx take care of that? It is kind of "putting the
cart before the horse". Perplexed.

Any suggestion are welcome. Thanks.


0 comments: