Tuesday, March 16, 2004

Shipping Costs

RE: [spiers] Shipping Costs

Dear Fang Li:



Thanks for the info. Yes please give me your shipping agent's
information, that would be much appreciated. I have confirmed what you
said and contacted the manufacturers rep to confront him with the
information. It was my assumption that he was being very dishonest or
perhaps misquoted somehow. Well it turns out that the quote included
product cost and wasn't broken down. That is a relief, I just will not
do business with dishonest people. Thanks for your help.



Sincerely,



RoseFabHk



-----Original Message-----
From: Temp Tests [mailto:njnu_a_t@comcast.net]
Sent: Friday, March 12, 2004 11:54 AM
To: spiers@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [spiers] Shipping Costs



The amount you got must be kidding. According to my current shipping
agent a
regular 20ft container from Shanghai China to Oakland is about $2000. I
can
give you my agent's contact info if you need.


Fang Li
ESS Links

-----Original Message-----
From: RoseFabHk [mailto:sparksor@sbcglobal.net]
Sent: Thursday, March 11, 2004 7:12 PM
To: spiers@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [spiers] Shipping Costs


I am in the process of estimating costs on a new product. I need to
ship by container from Shanghi China to Oakland, CA. This will be my
first experience using ship containers. I have been given an
estimate of $10,800 for 20ft of container space from the
manufacturor. This seems awful high to me. Anybody have any
experience in shipping by containers? I could use any advice on how
to obtain competitive rates from reliable shippers.

Thanks In Adavance

RoseFab


0 comments: