Friday, March 12, 2004

Shipping Costs

RE: [spiers] Shipping Costs

That is rediculous. Unless you are shipping nuclear waste or something
toxic. Normally we pay around $1800/$2400 to Los Angeles for
dry-goods/refrigerated goods. You will want to check if it is a 20'
High-cube or not. Leo

-----Original Message-----
From: RoseFabHk [mailto:sparksor@sbcglobal.net]
Sent: Jueves, 11 de Marzo de 2004 10:12 p.m.
To: spiers@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Fwd: [spiers] Shipping Costs


I am in the process of estimating costs on a new product. I need to
ship by container from Shanghi China to Oakland, CA. This will be my
first experience using ship containers. I have been given an
estimate of $10,800 for 20ft of container space from the
manufacturor. This seems awful high to me. Anybody have any
experience in shipping by containers? I could use any advice on how
to obtain competitive rates from reliable shippers.

Thanks In Adavance

RoseFab


0 comments: