Thursday, June 24, 2004

Entry bond

Question regarding the $2500 transaction level

Hi John,

You've spoke about the $2500 level a few times and I just wanted to get
the complete low down on this. Basically, I have a few questions
around it (and maybe you'd have a point or two extra to add):

- Is the benefit of your purchase only that you don't have to deal with
customs?

a. If so, does that mean I don't need to deal with a broker and just
tell the factory to send the items directly to my home/whatever IF the
shipment is small in size. (theoretically speaking)


b. Does the $2500 mean Grand total= $2500 before tax/after tax/grand
total including shipping, etc.?

c. Can I theoretically coordinate shipments to be $2500 each and bypass
customs if I know my product has a high duty rate? (assuming the
manufacturer would be game for doing something like that)


I'll stop here because I can probably go on forever with scenario
questions as a 5 year old would do. ;-) I'm thinking of utilizing this
option, but I just don't want to do something wrong. So, I appreciate
whatever feedback you'll give. I don't remember this being mentioned
in depth in the book...I hope I'm right. If not, just let me know.

Thanks!
Victor

--- wileyccc@aol.com wrote:
>
> In a message dated 6/23/04 2:59:32 PM, fhgu@netzero.net writes:
>
> <> without doing
> the custom clearing work?
> Thanks
> Fred>>
>
> This is why it is important to work with the broker right from the
> beginning... you can learn much and yet get just a bond...the
> relationship is key...
> well... is the transaction less than $2500 (do you really need a
> bond?) ...
> check insurance companies to see if they will write a bond
> (unlikely.. or just
> bite the bullet, and make friends with a broker...
>
> John


0 comments: