Friday, June 25, 2004

Entry bond

Re: [spiers] Question regarding the $2500 transaction level


In a message dated 6/25/04 10:09:08 AM, sourcesf@yahoo.com writes:

Hi John,

You've spoke about the $2500 level a few times and I just wanted to get
the complete low down on this. ... I don't remember this being mentioned
in depth in the book...I hope I'm right. If not, just let me know.

Thanks!
Victor

Exactly, cuz I try to avoid this like the plague... too often once people
catch on that you can do this, this becomes the business: avoiding some formal
paperwork as a basis for competing. It won't work.

People work with you for your new ideas. Any attempt to "work the rules" to
your advantage is a complete waste of time at the small business, or worse, a
poison pill pretty much guaranteeiing you will fail. If you like the
"informal entry" rules, I can show y'all a few thousand more neat tricks none of
which
makes serving your customers in any way enhanced.

(Now you may be thinking "but I can get it cheaper better faster for my
customer if....) Sigh. Get some customers first, see what they want, then
worry
about the details.

The rules change fairly often, so the complete lowdown can be had from the
customs website, but aside from maybe a sample shipment or such, I wouldn't
consider it worth much. There is much more important stuff to do than read up
on
informal entries.

John


0 comments: