Wednesday, July 21, 2004

out of the loop for a while

Re: [spiers] out of the loop for a while


In a message dated 7/21/04 6:03:24 AM, ben4sin@yahoo.com writes:

<< I am suggesting retail
be at $24.95 because I think people would pay that
amount comfortably.

***You cannot know that until you see reorders for the product..so you are
guessing..and that can be dicey...***

My cost per item is just under $10
for initial run, then a little less for future runs.
My question, if my srp is $24.95, what should my
wholesale price be?


***Well it all depends on what industry... in Robert morse and assoc guide to
key biz ratios, you can find the standard markup % for your industry..and you
should adopt that... cuz your overhead will be typical eventually, so to be
competitive rationally you'll need the same markups... for example, if your
$10 item was a gift item it would likley have to wholesale for $25 and retail
for $50.***

Is it normal to go by percentage
of my cost? or percentage of amount between cost and
srp?>>

***Well, forget about srp, since that is retailers problem... you need only
worry that you get your full markup,,and turn a profit...so find out teh
standard markup in your industry, and concentrate on that...


0 comments: