Monday, January 9, 2006

Questions

Re: [spiers] Re: Questions

Orders are legally binding contracts, but conversation, even enthusiastic
conversation is not...
believe half of what you see and none of what you hear... get samples...get
orders...if you get
orders to cover minimums, then proceed... yes, orders from importers...

But I've got to say, I've sold lots to 3rd countries this way, but always as
part of what I was
importing into usa.. as a start, it seems a challenge... how come you are not
satarting this biz
importing into usa, for usa market?

John
On Mon, 09 Jan 2006 16:26:23 -0000, "John" wrote :

> Thanks again John!
>
> I've contacted about 5 Australian souvenir retail shops and they all
> thought my product line would sell extremely well (one even suggested
> I'd get rich from this). They all agreed that they would sell my
> product line in their store once it is available and they've seen
> samples.
>
> So...since my plan is to sell directly to Australian importers should
> I continue to get more "test" orders from small retailers or should I
> just skip ahead to my real customers which are the Australian
> importers?
>
> Thanks,
> John
>
>
>
>
> --- In spiers@yahoogroups.com, "John Spiers" wrote:
> >
> > Simplify, test...
> >
> > On Sun, 8 Jan 2006 20:42:55 -0700, "John Teel" wrote :
> >
> > > 1.) Which order do you suggest I make first contact with
> retailers,
> > > importers, and the manufacturer? My plan is to contact about 10
> retailers
> > > to see if they would be interested enough to place an order once
> the
> > > products are available.
> >
> > ***Yes, always customers first... see what they say and then worry
> about hypotheticals.***
> >
> > > 2.) Any suggestion on what percent of revenue I should start
> > > negotiations with the manufacturer at?
> >
> > ***Whatever generates you about $250/hour for your time. We are
> wage slaves. But it is not
> > a matter of negotiation, it is a matter of they have a price and
> you tack on a percent. ***
> > >
> > > 3.) Would there be anything preventing me from buying and
> selling these
> > > products at the same time I'm getting shared revenue from the
> manufacturer?
> > > Maybe after I built up some capital from my shared revenue I
> might decide it
> > > is more profitable if I buy and sell the items.
> > >
> >
> > ***Nothing at all to prevent this..but first things first.
> Customers. then more customers.
> >
> > John


0 comments: