Monday, January 9, 2006

Questions

Re: Questions

Thanks again John!

I've contacted about 5 Australian souvenir retail shops and they all
thought my product line would sell extremely well (one even suggested
I'd get rich from this). They all agreed that they would sell my
product line in their store once it is available and they've seen
samples.

So...since my plan is to sell directly to Australian importers should
I continue to get more "test" orders from small retailers or should I
just skip ahead to my real customers which are the Australian
importers?

Thanks,
John




--- In spiers@yahoogroups.com, "John Spiers" wrote:
>
> Simplify, test...
>
> On Sun, 8 Jan 2006 20:42:55 -0700, "John Teel" wrote :
>
> > 1.) Which order do you suggest I make first contact with
retailers,
> > importers, and the manufacturer? My plan is to contact about 10
retailers
> > to see if they would be interested enough to place an order once
the
> > products are available.
>
> ***Yes, always customers first... see what they say and then worry
about hypotheticals.***
>
> > 2.) Any suggestion on what percent of revenue I should start
> > negotiations with the manufacturer at?
>
> ***Whatever generates you about $250/hour for your time. We are
wage slaves. But it is not
> a matter of negotiation, it is a matter of they have a price and
you tack on a percent. ***
> >
> > 3.) Would there be anything preventing me from buying and
selling these
> > products at the same time I'm getting shared revenue from the
manufacturer?
> > Maybe after I built up some capital from my shared revenue I
might decide it
> > is more profitable if I buy and sell the items.
> >
>
> ***Nothing at all to prevent this..but first things first.
Customers. then more customers.
>
> John


0 comments: