Monday, March 13, 2006

Iran Invasion?

Folks,

This just came in at a blog I read...

***Yesterday, I just happened to walk by the Iranian embassy on Mass Ave. --
that I've never
noticed before -- its overgrown and a tree had fallen in front of it. Seeing the
Islamic mosaics
that cover the front -- actually it looks like an Islamic fortress of solitude
with a huge
mosque in back -- I just walked around the building (there were no gates, no
private
property signs, no No Trespassing). Soon I was confronted by a US Dept. of State
guy who
was overseeing the tree removal, and what appeared to be refurbishment. They
were getting
the drive-way all spic and span after no one had bothered to touch it in 30
years. The guy
told me, this was private property. I asked what embassy this was, "it's the
embassy of Iran." I
was curious because there was no moniker or identification anywhere, i said.
"Well, we
haven't had diplomatic relations for 30 years," he said. I told him thanks for
the history
lesson, and asked why he was here. "Please vacate the premises," was his
response.

They [the State Dept] did the same thing at the Iraqi embassy a month before the
invasion...
I'm not saying an invasion is imminent, but its just weird that they're there --
makes the
imagination run...***

Do we have anyone in DC who might nose around the Iranian Embassy compound...
provide a
report?

John


0 comments: