Monday, March 13, 2006

U.S. Imported $4.6 Billion in Goods From Argentina in 2005

Re: [spiers] U.S. Imported $4.6 Billion in Goods From Argentina in 2005

On we go!

I am working with suppliers in Argentina to set up my Import company
here in the US. I hope I am not too late. I have the products
(samples) and suppliers, and I am working on the website catalog
which is a lot. I hope to be ready before the Summer to start
pounding the pavement.

Any ideas, questions, references, suggestions...? All welcome. As my
experience is with design advertising and marketing here in the US,
but I have "nada" experience in sales. I do speak the language, I
grew up in Buenos Aires, and I have connections there. Anybody
interested to lend anything, I'll be all ears. My niche is
furnishings, rugs, and accessories made of genuine materials. The
environment and the local artisans are a big one in my company's
philosophy.

Thanks!
Edite


On Mar 13, 2006, at 11:41 AM, John Spiers wrote:

> Hot off the press from US Census...
>
> The United States imported goods from Argentina totaling $4.6
> billion in
> value in 2005. Petroleum products were a big portion of these
> imports:
> over $1.0 billion was for crude oil; $276 million was for fuel
> oil; $768
> million was for other petroleum products; and $124 million was for
> liquefied petroleum gases.
>
> On the export side, the U.S. sent $4.1 billion in goods to Argentina.
> Organic chemicals ($408 million) and computer accessories ($348
> million)
> led the way. You can access information on imports and exports by
> end-use
> codes for all of our trading partners by coming to the Census
> Bureau web
> site and clicking on "Foreign Trade." Then click on "End-Use" and
> then on
> the country of interest. The tables show 2001-2005 data.
>
> http://www.census.gov/foreign-trade/statistics/product/enduse/
>
> John
>
>
> Compete on Design!
>
> www.johnspiers.com


0 comments: