Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Iran Invasion?

Re: [spiers] Iran Invasion?

I suspect this is nonsense. I checked out that blog. The entry was
provided by Charles H. Featherstone. As a D.C. based journalist, he
should know that the Iranian Embassy is on Wisconsin, not
Massachusetts Ave. If he didn't know, he could certainly have
checked just by driving by. No wonder people are so uninformed about
current events. They don't bother to check facts before posting
anything that appears in their inbox that they are inclined to agree with.

At 01:53 PM 3/13/2006, you wrote:
>Folks,
>
>This just came in at a blog I read...
>
>***Yesterday, I just happened to walk by the Iranian embassy on Mass
>Ave. -- that I've never
>noticed before -- its overgrown and a tree had fallen in front of
>it. Seeing the Islamic mosaics
>that cover the front -- actually it looks like an Islamic fortress
>of solitude with a huge
>mosque in back -- I just walked around the building (there were no
>gates, no private
>property signs, no No Trespassing). Soon I was confronted by a US
>Dept. of State guy who
>was overseeing the tree removal, and what appeared to be
>refurbishment. They were getting
>the drive-way all spic and span after no one had bothered to touch
>it in 30 years. The guy
>told me, this was private property. I asked what embassy this was,
>"it's the embassy of Iran." I
>was curious because there was no moniker or identification anywhere,
>i said. "Well, we
>haven't had diplomatic relations for 30 years," he said. I told him
>thanks for the history
>lesson, and asked why he was here. "Please vacate the premises," was
>his response.
>
>They [the State Dept] did the same thing at the Iraqi embassy a
>month before the invasion...
>I'm not saying an invasion is imminent, but its just weird that
>they're there -- makes the
>imagination run...***
>
>Do we have anyone in DC who might nose around the Iranian Embassy
>compound... provide a
>report?
>
>John
>
>
>
>
>Compete on Design!
>
>www.johnspiers.com
>


0 comments: