Thursday, March 16, 2006

Tell me how come?

Re: [spiers] Tell me how come?

> Anyway, I am curious why people start businesses, rather than why not.
> I'm sure there are all the obvious reasons (hate job, need money). Am I
> the only wacky one that derives the above kind of satisfaction from the
> activity? Since you are in a polling mood, perhaps you could find this
> out, as well.

of course, people start businesses for all the reasons you mentioned, but the
narrower question
of, HOW people start businesses that thrive at supporting a given lifestyle, I
hope I have shed
some light on, and that is the process of experiencing some dissatisfaction in a
field one loves,
and doing something about it. And you all know the steps necessary to do
something about it.

I think the "derives the above kind of satisfaction from the activity" is the
WHY the biz keep
going and thrive, so nothing wacky about it.

sounds to me you are on the right track.

John


0 comments: