Thursday, March 16, 2006

U.S. Imported $4.6 Billion in Goods From Argentina in 2005

Re: [spiers] U.S. Imported $4.6 Billion in Goods From Argentina in 2005

Thanks for the suggestion. I think I will try that.


On Mar 15, 2006, at 10:18 AM, John Spiers wrote:

> Why not pound the payment first, since all depends on that? Walk
> into the stores you expect
> to sell your items, you would be pleased to see carrying your
> items, and show them what you
> have. Make no attempt to get any orders, just say "I am thinking
> about importing and selling
> such items to stores such as yours. Would you be buying this kind
> of product from me if I
> started an import company. They will say either yes or no. either
> way, you then know what
> to do. Right now the website and all the other work is pure
> specualtion, and may be of no
> use to you in business.
>
> Go into those stores not trying to sell, but to get info, so people
> are more open...go into the
> stores on say a tuesday morning when things are slow so you are not
> such an imposition ...
> (some argue go on saturday afternoon when they are working a mile a
> minute and they give
> you quick sharp and useful answers...)
>
> John
> On Mon, 13 Mar 2006 13:47:31 -0800, Edite wrote :
>
>> On we go!
>>
>> I am working with suppliers in Argentina to set up my Import company
>> here in the US. I hope I am not too late. I have the products
>> (samples) and suppliers, and I am working on the website catalog
>> which is a lot. I hope to be ready before the Summer to start
>> pounding the pavement.
>>
>> Any ideas, questions, references, suggestions...? All welcome. As my
>> experience is with design advertising and marketing here in the US,
>> but I have "nada" experience in sales. I do speak the language, I
>> grew up in Buenos Aires, and I have connections there. Anybody
>> interested to lend anything, I'll be all ears. My niche is
>> furnishings, rugs, and accessories made of genuine materials. The
>> environment and the local artisans are a big one in my company's
>> philosophy.
>>
>> Thanks!
>> Edite
>>
>>
>> On Mar 13, 2006, at 11:41 AM, John Spiers wrote:
>>
>>> Hot off the press from US Census...
>>>
>>> The United States imported goods from Argentina totaling $4.6
>>> billion in
>>> value in 2005. Petroleum products were a big portion of these
>>> imports:
>>> over $1.0 billion was for crude oil; $276 million was for fuel
>>> oil; $768
>>> million was for other petroleum products; and $124 million was for
>>> liquefied petroleum gases.
>>>
>>> On the export side, the U.S. sent $4.1 billion in goods to
>>> Argentina.
>>> Organic chemicals ($408 million) and computer accessories ($348
>>> million)
>>> led the way. You can access information on imports and exports by
>>> end-use
>>> codes for all of our trading partners by coming to the Census
>>> Bureau web
>>> site and clicking on "Foreign Trade." Then click on "End-Use" and
>>> then on
>>> the country of interest. The tables show 2001-2005 data.
>>>
>>> http://www.census.gov/foreign-trade/statistics/product/enduse/
>>>
>>> John
>>>
>>>
>>> Compete on Design!
>>>
>>> www.johnspiers.com


0 comments: