Thursday, May 18, 2006

Protecting Design

Re: Holisitic Pet food

Olivia,

My understanding is that if you are the manufacturer, then you set
the price based on production cost (time, materials, etc.) divided
by the units ordered by the store. And then, because your product
is unique, you can set the profit margin to however high you want.
But most importantly, did Wholefoods and Wild Oats say that they are
interested in your product?

Bo
--- In spiers@yahoogroups.com, olivia fisher wrote:
>
> Hello...
>
> I will be marketing my holistic pet food in my local city. I
have fed this recipe to my dog and have been healthy for it for
years.
>
> This dog food is home made and human-grade and I will can it
myself for distribution. How will I price it? I want to make
different sizes for different size pets, 1/2 gallon for big dogs and
a quart for small dogs. I am working with a local holistic vet for
the nutritional content and analysis. I intend to distribute this
through national food chain like WHolefoods and Wild Oats. But what
about the price structure? how much profit margin? how will I
consider the costs for advertising and making it into the retail
price?
>
> Olivia- Las Vegas


0 comments: