Thursday, May 18, 2006

Protecting Design

Re: [spiers] Re: Holisitic Pet food

Hi Olivia,

Another (probably obvious) piece of feedback that you've probably
already done- Check out what the other guys are doing. I know I've
seen this somewhere (i believe Wholefoods here in the Bay Area), and I
know Paul Newmann has a new line of Organic dog food. He ate some of
it when he was on Jay Leno one night. Anyway, not sure how different
are the "Holistic" and "organic"/healthy/whatever pet food products.
But, if they are different you can at least still get an idea to find
out how much people are willing to buy.

My 1.5 cents.

Victor

--- bolinasfrank2004 wrote:

> Olivia,
>
> My understanding is that if you are the manufacturer, then you set
> the price based on production cost (time, materials, etc.) divided
> by the units ordered by the store. And then, because your product
> is unique, you can set the profit margin to however high you want.
> But most importantly, did Wholefoods and Wild Oats say that they are
> interested in your product?
>
> Bo
> --- In spiers@yahoogroups.com, olivia fisher wrote:
> >
> > Hello...
> >
> > I will be marketing my holistic pet food in my local city. I
> have fed this recipe to my dog and have been healthy for it for
> years.
> >
> > This dog food is home made and human-grade and I will can it
> myself for distribution. How will I price it? I want to make
> different sizes for different size pets, 1/2 gallon for big dogs and
> a quart for small dogs. I am working with a local holistic vet for
> the nutritional content and analysis. I intend to distribute this
> through national food chain like WHolefoods and Wild Oats. But what
> about the price structure? how much profit margin? how will I
> consider the costs for advertising and making it into the retail
> price?
> >
> > Olivia- Las Vegas


0 comments: