Thursday, August 17, 2006

Product cycles

RE: [spiers] Product cycles

You may try http://www.trendwatching.com/ I have used in the past and
has been quite helpful


Martin Mendiola
305-445-2525
Martin@Mendiola.US


> -------- Original Message --------
> Subject: Re: [spiers] Product cycles
> From: "Malcolm Dell"
> Date: Wed, August 16, 2006 4:37 pm
> To:
>
> > Is there a "rule of thumb" for gauging product cycles? Is there a
> > reference available that tracks such cycles...ie a book or trade
> > journal or something that can tell me widgets were popular 10 years ago
> > and have a 15 year popularity cycle. My thought is to ride the cycle
> > to profit.
> >
> > Anthony
>
> A good book to read is The Tipping Point, a former business best seller,
> which talks about product cycles, and lends a chapter to the resurgence of
> Hush Puppy shoes, which were uglies (popular with parents, not with kids, as
> I recall) when I was a youngster, and went through a huge resurgence a few
> years ago. I believe, they have probably died again, as I have not read or
> heard much about them for a while.
>
> Malcolm
>
>
>
> Compete on Design!
>
> www.johnspiers.com


0 comments: