Monday, September 11, 2006

How big is too big?

Jason,

In the USA scheme of things, REI or Bass Pro Shops are SMALL businesses, since
they are less than 100 million in sales, owned by less than 100 people, etc... b
ut to the point, they do not compete on price. them plus upscale mom and pop is
your market...

John

I am in the process of locating stores that could potentially sell what
I develop. I have couple ideas I would like to test. I am looking at
the high end outdoors/sporting market.

Question: Because this is a niche market would it be realistic to test
my market idea at stores such as REI or Bass Pro Shops? Too large?

Or should I be thinking more mom and pop?

My desire is to find the stores that will best be my market as well as
network me with quality sales reps. (not to mention like my idea :))

Thanks,

Jason


0 comments: