Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Update on Book Markets

Re: [spiers] Update on Book Markets

John-

You have been rather profuse lately, have enjoyed it.

I was interested in the latest on this thread, have you met with the
buyer? Also, was it really the artist or was it you that had the
samples made in China?

I am curious about what led up to this event. As I recall, you have
been working it for some time. If you could please estimate what
date it was that you first started thinking about this product idea.
Also, how many hours or days in total, do you estimate that you have
been working it? The latter would include the creative process of
visualizing the solution, the market research to determine it does
not exist, the search for an artist, and the mechanics of working
with the artist to produce the samples. I know it is difficult to
estimate, so let me give you a guideline - was it <5, <50, or <500
hours. Thanks!

> Also this week, after topping off the oil in my car at Jiffy-Lube,
> I walked into a high end home
> furnishings store and blew passed the receptionist alarmed at the
> carpets under my arm. I
> wandered around until a nicely dressed fellow said "may I help
> you?" I dropped the carpets at
> his feet and said "an artist has designed these carpets, and had
> these samples made in China.
> She says stores like your will sell these carpets. Is she dreaming?"
>
> He replied, "I am not the buyer, just a designer. Here is the
> buyers name and number. But if
> he will not buy them, I have clients always looking for new and
> interesting. Can I take
> pictures for them to see." "Sure, and just contact the designer
> direct if you want any made..."
>
> As soon as I can find time, I'll meet the buyer, and let you know
> what he says.
>
> Folks, this stuff is easy... must get going!
>
> John
>
>
> Compete on Design!
>
> www.johnspiers.com


0 comments: