Saturday, December 15, 2007

Online Research

Well, last week I went ahead and did what I meant to do a month earlier when I had went to the stores( namely to see if any purses had pockets for water bottles).
namely to go on a highly active fashion forum and ask. I had a feeling that if my product idea existed(modest as it is), several folks would know about it...
I was not disappointed, I got seven responses. Mostly leads towards high end diaper bags.
1. the bad news is I didn't get the sense that buying a bag with a large bottle pocket was of any importance whatsoever except myself, so it might be a weak or non-existent market except..2. to one lady in particular who hated diaper looking diaper bags. possible market ironically hadn't thought about. I am still going ahead with samples therefore and play out the next step to hook with supplier/manufacturer. but the reason for this post is just to mention the value of places like forums and messages boards to check out consumer interest.

- Shelley


1 comments:

P. S. said...

Shelley-
My wife has been looking for this kind of purse for a couple of years, and has not found it. She would like a purse that is stylish on the outside, but can hold lunch on the inside, and that she can take to the office without looking like she bought it at Walmart. Let me know when yours are for sale!

- P. Snyder