Friday, March 21, 2008

Twelve Stepping And New Business

I've always been suspicious of those 12-step programs to end substance abuse, they seem to be for quitters.

But recently I've had the occasion to speak with a few followers, and something occurred to me. Their program sounds an awful lot like what it takes to start a business. And the people who have had some success with the program seem an awful lot like people whose business is catching on: cautiously optimistic. I'll have to reflect on this more. Anyone else notice this?


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know much about the twelve steps, but a major theme is to have the grace to get up and try again when you wobble, stumble, or fall onto the floor.

You need the same mercy and grace to propel yourself toward being a successful business person.