Monday, April 21, 2008

Barbara Checks In On India

Hi everyone! I have just finished the World Trade Course, and believe I have found a manufacturer in India to make Indian tunic blouses for me. I've received the samples, and have her prices.

I am working on the "costing" of these blouses so I can have a wholesale price to tell the buyers at local shops. I contacted one Customs Broker by e-mail, and have not heard back (in Mobile, Alabama).

Need advice where to go from here. I need the customs broker to help me figure out the cost of getting the blouses to the USA, right? Once I have this information, I will complete my costing for the "wholesale" price...is this correct? Are customs brokers usually hard to get?

Also, how do I find out what the standard mark-up is for Women's apparel? I'm assuming it's 100% but how do I know?

I'm a little stuck here, looking at these beautiful samples. Can anyone give me some pointers from their experiences?

Barbara

Barbara,

Yes, the customsbroker is necessary and good way to bird dog one is to research in the Directory of US Importers the names of other blouse importers from India, and see who their customsbroker might be... email me directly on this if you want more detail.

The standard mark-up can be found in the Robert Morris and Assoc Guide to Key Business Ratios, something you should find in the reference desk at any good library.

Tell us about the customers who've seen these tunics... what do they say?

John

.


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well respected in the industry for customer service.

A & A Contract Customs Brokers USA, Inc.
#2 - 12th Street
Blaine, WA
98230
CDN Phone: (604) 538-8044
CDN Fax: (604) 542-7318
US Phone: (360) 332-7667
US Fax: (360) 332-7670