Thursday, July 17, 2008

Congenial Anarchist

After reading this article, I know why I find anarchy so congenial... my career has been
under the law merchant, and the rules are naturally developed
contract, free association, exile in case of violation, and private
money.


It was interesting to see the Kings introduced the chaos... by
forcing associations, in violation of free association... I would
mention these merchants forming the Law Merchant were speaking Latin
in those centuries, which did facilitate matters... but in small biz
int'l trade, I have no recourse if someone overseas rips me off, and
the reverse is true. There is no such thing as international law, as
one attorney told me.

On the other hand I have never been ripped off in 35 years at this,
nor have I ever had to retain an attorney for business. In the
absence of laws, relationships are everything. In the absence of
laws, one is more careful. Where laws exist, perspicacity atrophies.

The stickiest of all issues in int'l trade is the money exchange, and
this is 100% private law. And one of the safest best places to
exchange money is Hong Kong, where private companies issue the currency.

The accident of being in int'l trade at the small business level has
made any idea of any government a complete non-starter for me. It
gets clearer over time to me why govt hates small biz.


0 comments: