Thursday, July 17, 2008

Video Defense

Earlier we had discussion of videotaping your encounter with police, and in at lest one instance a police officer arrested a citizen for taking a picture of the officer, even though there is no law against it.

I received a demand for $60 from a parking lot owner for nonpayment of fees. Strange I though, in fact I recall not havng enough money and overpaying. Also, I happened to be videotaping something at my car a few minutes after the time mentioned in the demand for nonpayment, and the film shows no notice of nonpayment on the windshield. My camera is time and date-stamped, in any event the video shows the lot and the position of the sun.

Make a long story short (too late) the parking lot company sent me a notice they have voided the penalty. Perhaps with computer memory so cheap, we ought to walk around with cameras on all the time.


0 comments: