Sunday, October 17, 2010

Prototypes

Hi John

I took your class a number of years ago.  I was wondering if I still can get some of your clear advice.  My wife has come up with an idea for a reasonably simple electronic "aid" for golfers.  How do we go about getting a prototype made to show to retailers to see if there is a market for the product?  Confidentiality agreements??? I know that you have opinions on these...

Thank you.

Michael 
Hey Michael,

Yes indeedy... NDAs kill opportunity...

First try to buy your idea at the very upscale golf shops you think would have it, and if and when they say "good idea, it does not exist...." then you take the names of those stores to the best maker of such items in the world, and leverage the buyers interest into a set of prototypes...

if an when yo have prototypes, you return to store and if they like,, ask for best rep...

There is of course more, but does this remind you enough?  Feel free to ask more questions...

John 


0 comments: